Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Waiting for the World to Fall

I'm afraid its been too long
To try to find the reasons why
Watched my world close in around
Smaller patch of fading sky
But now I've grown beyond the walls
To where I've never been
And its still winter in my wonderland
-Waiting for the World to Fall, by Jars of Clay

It's too late to ask why. It's too late to wonder, "Why me?", "Why now?". It's too late to ask how this could have happened, or who was responsible for it. We're trapped behind walls that we built ourselves, stuck between two mirrors. The world we can see is the same world we've always seen. The more questions we have, the fewer we can answer. And the questions that we have aren't answerable, in this life, at least. But we convince ourselves that we can find an answer. That somehow if we just think about it the right way, we can understand.

But it's too late to ask why. Our worlds close in around us, and we don't understand. We can't understand. The sky is fading out of view, and all we can do is look at it and ask "why?". We don't do anything - we just watch, and question, and refuse to act until we understand, when we can't ever understand. Questioning isn't always the way to find the answer. For many questions, we won't be able to find an answer by ourselves. We just trap ourselves in the same net of confusion and questions that we've woven for ourselves.

So let's stop asking. Let's stop seeking an answer that we can't find by ourselves. It's been too long to find the reasons why, and while we've been searching, everything that we have has been fading. Let's trust, let's give in, and let's see where we end up. Stop asking, just for a moment. Stop wondering why this is happening, or where it is going to end up. Just let it happen. It will end up somewhere, and that's all we need to know. We can't understand why. We just have to trust that it's for the best and that, in the end, we'll be just where we need to be.

I'm waiting for the world to fall
I'm waiting for the scene to change
I'm waiting when the colors fall
I'm waiting to let my world come undone.

No comments:

Post a Comment